HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

6/15/2014

My Fathers Day Philosophy....Bake him a cake.
My Dad has a serious sweet tooth, so decided to try my hand at baking.
Baking is not something I practice often but I would love to bake more often, it is therapeutic and rewarding when the food turns out well. I have also inherited a sweet tooth courtesy of Dad! 
This is my attempt at a Victoria sponge cake. It is not too clear on the photo that the filling is butter icing and raspberry jam. As my first attempt at icing a cake in this way, I am proud of how it turned out. I may get more adventurous with icing in the future by adding in different colours, but for now this Victoria sponge will go down well. And anyway, adding a few blueberries makes it healthy....right?
Fingers crossed it tastes good too!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Anonymous6/15/2014

    That looks yummy and the icing looks really cute like that!

    http://lottieslowdown.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte, it tasted even better than it looked!

      Delete
  2. That cake looks so good, I need to bake my dad a birthday cake soon so I might take some inspiration from your post! :)

    - Jenny x
    www.jenems.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have been some inspiration for you :D x

      Delete

All written and photographic content property of The Emma Louise. Powered by Blogger.