COSY CAPE

1/03/2015

Hello, 
How are you this fine day? I did a quick spot of shopping yesterday and spotted a few absolute steals in Next and thought I must share them with you.
Surprisingly these items were both in the sales. I hate sales, with a passion. Sometimes I would rather pay more for an item when its easy to spot and in good condition. However, the Next sale wasn't too bad and everything was merchandised nicely which sucked me in.


The first item is the most snuggly cape/poncho I have ever tried! The roll neck is the part which drew me to this item. I haven't worn a poncho since I was 11, so I was reluctant to try this. I was convinced it would look awful. When I plucked up the courage to try it I was surprised how well it fit and that it looked okay, especially with a stripy long sleeve underneath. So, if you're wondering how to style a poncho, stripy long sleeves are the way forward.  Mine is from Primark if you were wondering.  The cape was down from about £40-£50 to £16 which was the bargain of a century.






A great thing about ponchos is that they make me look taller. Even though I am fairly tall i'm not as tall as I would like to be but the shape of ponchos seems to stretch my torso. Also, the roll neck is SO WARM. This is the perfect coverup for spring. 

Onto the bag. This was also in the Next sale down from £22 to £10! Its a gorgeous bag. Sadly, not leather but it could be a day or a night over the shoulder bag. Its so light too which is good so my shoulder doesn't get dragged down. 
I tried teaming this with some navy socks which show with the cut-off boots I am wearing. A pop of sock colour, as long as its a dark and subtle colour is fine in my eyes. 

So, this week I have learned that sales are nothing to be afraid, and Next is a great clothing retailer with some good quality items on sale! How has your sales shopping been going? Any staples you will be taking into summer?

Em x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love that cape - I've ben avoiding sales shopping though, trying to save money.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and I know the feeling! x

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1/04/2015

    That poncho is lovely, such a bargain! I haven't been to Next in ages, I usually find it too expensive but I might have a look in the sales now x

    HOW I WEAR | A Manchester Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Nisha! The sales are really impressive x

      Delete
  3. Can not beat a good old cape it really suits you I have a grey one but I am yet to wear it lol . xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am new to capes haha! You should wear it x

      Delete
  4. That cape is gorgeous! Love how you have paired it with that stripy top
    Beth Bdazzles

    ReplyDelete

All written and photographic content property of The Emma Louise. Powered by Blogger.