HAIR AND SKIN EMPTIES

1/05/2015

Hello beautiful people,



I have kickstarted 2015 with a clear-out. I am lucky to have found products that last a really long time so it has taken me ages to even finish these. Nevertheless here are the empty products I have been using, and my review of them.


Clinique's Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion £18
Lets step into this blemishes first. I adore Clinique's Anti-Blemish Solutions and it has really improved my skin and a few of my friends' skin too. My friend introduced the clarifying lotion to me whilst on holiday in Spain. The heat made my skin so greasy, and at that point I was suffering with acne. This helped immensely. It is a clear solution which has the consistency of a toner. I used it after cleansing but before moisturising and it thoroughly removes makeup. I would think that all my makeup had been removed, then one swipe of this on cotton wool would prove that there was still makeup residue left. I haven't repurchased for ages because £18 is hard to justify after Christmas, but I intend to because it lasts so long. Not much product is needed at all.

Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup £24
Another one from Clinique's anti-blemish range! These last so long. One bottle lasts about 3 months of heavy daily usage. I have repurchased this foundation at least 8 times. It has skin clearing ingredients so it improves the skin whilst its being worn which I think is amazing. The coverage is very good so if you do suffer with redness and blemishes (mainly spots) this covers it really well. The picture proves my repurchase and I had another bottle somewhere which still has product in but count find it anywhere, I have these all around the house. Whilst I love the formula and the coverage I am into more dewy bases at the moment, whereas this is very much matte. But in the summer when my skin is naturally more dewy I will be back to my Clinique. Until then, no repurchase.

TRESemme Heat Defence Smooth Styling Spray £4.69
Another product which has lasted a long time is this TRESemme heat defence spray. Such a simple product but it is so effective. It smells really fresh, it does the job and keeps my hair safe from heat, not only that but it gives my hair a really lovely shine after straightening or curling. I actually have used this without using heat just for the smooth and shiny after effect. It is such a reasonable price too. I don't use heat much but I am pretty sure I have had this 300ml bottle for 2 years. I find it goes further when I spray it on the top of my hair and then brush it down, so I don't use much at all.





Lee Stafford My Big Fat Healthy Hair Shampoo £5.99
Last but not least, the aid to voluptuous locks. My hair has become a bit lank since growing out my layers. Whilst I'm glad I don't have layers anymore, my hair has flattened considerably so this was great in giving it some bounce. It smells gorgeous but quite strong so it depends what you like from your fragrance. The scent definitely isn't subtle but I really love it. I love Lee Stafford as a brand and this product is great for adding volume and cleaning hair well. The more observant of you may have noticed that the product goes yellow. This was my bad. I forgot I still had this bottle and I found it in the back of my draw after a few years of it stewing in there. So, it may have gone a bit off but I have had this bottle in for ages but its the only one I had to show you. I have not repurchased yet but thats just because I have had a lot of shampoo bought for me by mum so I haven't needed to go out and get this one. But once they're done, My Big Fat Healthy Hair will be back!



This post has been pretty text-heavy and I apologise but I felt it necessary to do the products justice and to explain my thoughts so you can make an informed choice when making your purchases if you choose to do so!

Em x

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. It seems like I should really try a Clinique product even if they are on the pricier side, but I have heard great things about them!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing is they last a long time and work so well. Plus, their advisers can test your skin and whats best for you. These products were assessed as best for my skin x

      Delete
  2. I would be interested in trying the anti blemish clarifying lotion! I've actually used the foundation before, and my skin didn't get on with it - it looked cakey on me, but glad it works for you!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah its a shame you didn't get on with it but at the point of using it I did have really bad acne so I needed the extra coverage, plus my skin was very dewy naturally so it toned the foundation down massively! x

      Delete
  3. I love Clinque products - I have very acne ridden skin though.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! but Clinique's products have really helped x

      Delete
  4. I am loving Clinique at the moment . Great post xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same they're great! and thank you so much Marie x

      Delete
  5. loved this post, so obsessed with the lee stafford range!
    Lydia x
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

All written and photographic content property of The Emma Louise. Powered by Blogger.