HONEST REVIEW OF CHANEL COCO SHINE LIPSTICK

6/17/2015


Here's another honest review, as you will know from the title it is a Chanel Coco Shine review. I adore Chanel makeup and nail polish so this lipstick was something that I had high expectations of. This shade is 54 BOY, and as I have already mentioned it is from the Coco Shine range. When wearing the shade is rouge with the subtle warmth and depth of rosewood pink. I should add that this range has many light-reflective shades to match all skin-tones.

How long have I been using this for?

I have been using this lipstick about twice a week since October. I admit I have been using it sparingly because it is too indulgent to waste. So, I reapply only once.


What are the best features of this lipstick? 

 It is so moisturising. If I have dry lips in the morning I don't grab my lip balm, instead I put this on just before I leave the house.

The colour is lovely and natural. It gives my lips a bright and healthy sheen. It is not glittery but it is just subtly shimmery which makes the lipstick look glossy.

A little goes a long way. There is no need to layer the lipstick on to get a good shine, a thin layer is enough. This is a lipstick deal breaker for me, I like to forget I have any on which is what Coco Shine achieves. This makes me very happy.

What are the not-so-goood features of this lipstick?

This is a really great lipstick, so it was hard to think of something that is not great about it. The only thing to be noted is that it doesn't last as long as I expected. This is because the Coco Shine range aims to moisturise and revitalise lips whilst providing a pop of colour.  This suits me because my lips get so dry, but I know that some people need a longer lasting formula. If this is the case, I would strongly recommend looking into the Chanel Allure Long-Wear range.

Would I repurchase this lipstick? 

Yes absolutely it is really worth the price as my review reflects. I would love this lipstick in a deep red because it would be balmy and healthy looking whilst repairing my constantly chapped lips.

Overall rating? 

8.5/10. Considering I could only think of one point that may be disagreeable to others this Coco Shine lipstick this is a high scoring lipstick. It meets my dry-skin needs whilst providing a comfortable balm finish that makes my lips look healthy.

Have you tried any of Chanel's lipsticks in the Coco Shine range? Is there a particular shade of lipstick you couldn't do without that you can recommend?

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely lipstick! I always have a problem with lipstick staying on my lips! I'm sure i'm just applying it wrong or something haha. Great review :)

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I have that too! Thanks for your comment, glad you liked it :) x

      Delete
  2. beautiful shade! I have 2 of these and I love them so much :)
    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to add one more to your collection ;) hehe!

      Delete
  3. I love these lipsticks too! They're so hydrating which I find to be such a nice feature since a lot of lipsticks can dry out my lips.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am exactly the same, the formula that Chanel use is so unique!

      Delete
  4. I wish I could get along with this lipstick - It was too much shine for me :(

    Casey - ATopsyTurvyBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah do you have quite moisturised lips already? Sorry to hear that, I don't find it too shiny but my lips are quite dry!

      Delete
  5. I've heard a lot about this shade. Must have a swatch when I'm next out xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should try it because its a lovely formula :) x

      Delete
  6. Great review! I have the same problem, my lips seem to be dry all the time. I love the Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting lipsticks (despite the long name), they make even dry lips look perfect. But I guess I have to give this one a try too.

    xxCheryl
    SwissBeautyTalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah it is an annoying problem but this lipstick would be perfect for you :) Do they last as long as their name? ;)

      Delete

All written and photographic content property of The Emma Louise. Powered by Blogger.